Acquisition and Preservation
We ensure the preservation of documentation of Danish society for the benefit of both the present and the future.
- We create and maintain an overview of the documentation of their activity created by public authorities, researchers, private enterprises, organizations and single individuals, in both paper and digital form.
- We assess the parts of this documentation that are to be preserved for posterity.
- We ensure that documentation of the activities of state authorities, researchers and private enterprises, organizations and individuals judged worthy of preservation is submitted to the Danish National Archives.
- We make sure that the collections in the Danish National archives, on paper and in digital form, are preserved in such a way that future users can find and make use of the materials they need.
We also cooperate with regions and municipalities, including the municipal archives, to ensure the preservation of the documentation created by municipalities and regions.
Acquisition and Preservation is also responsible for the Archives’ income-funded operations and for development at the Danish National Archives. For a fee, our income-funded operations undertake archival studies, inter alia, and prepare the records for delivery.
The section consists of the following areas:
- Secretariat – Deputy Director Kirsten Villadsen Kristmar
- Acquisition – head of area Mette Hall-Andersen
- Digital Preservation – head of area Jan Dalsten Sørensen
- IT development – head of area Ulla Mønster
- Income-funded Operations – head of area Jan Vejle